birthday... week

So I really am not one to celebrate my birthday a whole lot. For some reason this year it turned in to a week long celebration... and hey I am not going to complain. It was fantastic. I felt so loved by so many people. Now there is a reason this all happened and I will break it down for you.


  • Wednesday April 29th: My cute Mother-In-Law took us all out to celebrate and we got to eat at one of my favorite sushi restaurants Tsunami!
  • Thursday May 1st: I am very loyal to Benihana's and go there almost every year for my birthday from the time I was probably five. So this year they returned the favor and sent me $30 gift certificate in the mail! With... the caveat that it couldn't be used on the weekend... we went on Thursday. 
  • Friday May 2nd: I have the best friends in the entire world. One of our friends who lives in Texas came in town so we planned a Midway cabin getaway. We went to dinner bought TONS of treats and they made cupcakes and sang to me. It was so amazing I am so blessed.


  • Saturday May 3rd: For some reason my amazing husband felt the need to still take me out to dinner for my birthday even though we went out on Thursday and we dined at Ruth's Diner and then went and saw the Other Woman which is hilarious and everyone should see it. (No photo was taken. Sorry Chlo we are still working on it). Then, my best friend came over and gave me the most thoughtful book anyone has ever given me. Words don't do it or her justice. She is one of a kind.
  • Sunday May 4th: MY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY. Well we skipped out on church early, which is I know terrible, but if any one of you have heard about our calling you will understand. Dallas took me to Trio for brunch and then we took Fitz to the park. It was perfect and to top it all off Dallas's brother and his wife made us dinner and his sister got me my favorite cake! (It's the chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream by Cakes De Le Fleur from The Store... if you haven't tried it, go buy one now!). 



  • Monday May 5th: Still celebrating... We flew to AZ to party the week away. We were picked up from the airport with a car literally full of Swedish Fish. It was perfect then we came home and played endless games of Pollyanna.
  • Tuesday May 6th: Here we are approaching a week and we are still celebrating. It has now become the running joke. My mom and sister took me out to get pedicures and manicures and shopped till we dropped. It was a perfect day followed with swimming and sun with my husband! (We all got matching Converse).


  • Tuesday May 7th: I am embarrassed to even add this in but I might as well. My parents had a tri-ward young women's/young mens swimming party at their house and my mom sent my sister and I to get balloons. Well as I said before the running joke continued...

THE END!!!

As you can see I am the luckiest girl in the entire world and have THE BEST HUSBAND. I am so blessed to have such incredible friends and family. If I were President of the United States I would make sure everyone got to celebrate their birthday for a week... ok maybe just when they turn 23. 





Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment