how Havey arrived.

Wow I can't believe it has almost been four months since Harvey was born. It was the most surreal day of my entire life. And just so I don't forget all the details I decided to write them down here...

Sunday night (May 1st), I went to work like any other night shift. Except, before I went in I was getting tightening in my stomach that I have never felt before. I got report and told the nurse I received it from about my tightening and she said to start timing them! So I did and they would occur every 10-15 min it was so weird and I was leaking fluid that made me nervous! So my charge nurse sent my down to labor and delivery (down the hall haha) and they checked the fluid to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid and it wasn't. She checked me and I was only dilated like a fingertip aka not even a 1 but was 100% effaced. So I went back to work... contracting... and worked another night shift.

Monday (May 2nd) I woke up at about 3 pm (after my night shift) and the contractions were back. But this time getting pretty painful. But I assumed they were still braxton-hicks. So my mom and sister came over and helped me get some things ready for the baby and my mom had me start timing them. Again, they were about 5-10 min apart. But not getting any closer. So 7 pm rolled around again and I went back to work. Haha it did not last long seeing as I could barely stand up straight and my charge nurse sent me home around 11 pm. I do not know how I slept that night but somehow I did.

Tuesday (May 3rd) was a blur of contractions that I truly don't even remember already what I even did all day haha but finally by about midnight that night I couldn't tolerate them any longer so we went in to the hospital. And of course I was still only dilated to a 1. So they had be walk around for about an hour to see if I was progressing and I didn't. With the pain being unbearable they gave me some Morphine and Phenergan and sent me home.

Wednesday (May 4th... my birthday!) exactly four hours later (when the morphine had worn off) the contractions were back so bad I thought I was going to die. haha. ok that was a bit dramatic but I had never been in such pain before. I managed to stay home for a while but then I had an appointment with my Doctor that morning for my 39 week appointment so when Dallas finally forced me into the car we went back to labor and delivery at about 8 AM. When they checked me in my contractions were every 2 min I thought this HAD TO BE REAL LABOR. But sure enough I was still only A 1+!! I immediately started crying when they told be I was going to be sent home again. So Dallas to the rescue. He ran upstairs to grab my doctor to see if she could come check me. She came down about 30 min later and said I was a 3! She said she was going to "strip my membranes" but I am 99% sure she broke my water because it broke just as she was striping my membranes! Yay I was going to be admitted and have this baby... on my birthday!

My epidural was a dream come true and I didn't even feel a thing. I was progressing slowly so they started Pitocin, which Harvey didn't love. His heart rate kept dropping so I had to wear oxygen all day. I finally dilated to a 10 at about 8 pm and so we were going to start pushing. But of course, Harvey was posterior, meaning he was facing the wrong way, which makes it very hard to come out. So I pushed for about two hours while they tried to turn him and he was definitely not coming. So at 10:05 pm he was delivered via C-Section. He had APGARS of 8 and 9.

I spiked a temperature during labor so I had to get three days of antibiotics. And so did Harvey. Luckily labwork never showed any sign of infection though. He also got Jaundice while in the hospital and had to go under phototherapy for 1 full day. But other than that the hospital was perfect and I already wish I could be back cuddling with my newborn. They grow so fast! But here are all the pictures of our adventure! It has been the greatest one yet!






























Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment