Yes, I know it is January.

I posted last exactly a month ago... and well I figured I better play catch up.

I had to remind myself again why I blog. I have recently read posts about how these types of blogs just try to portray a perfect life. I hope my friends and family know by no means this is what we are trying to do.

I am not too great at journal writing and/or scrapbooking (digital or not), so this is what I resulted to. These are the memories I want to keep. In years from now I hope I can look back at posts and remember the good times Dallas and I had, and the memories we made. Life is far from perfect but reflecting on the good and the positive is what we are aiming to do.

So here were the good times over the last month! (excluding our trip which I will post later!)



Dallas and I at the Festival of Trees where the unit I work on at Primary Children's (The Children's Medical Unit) donated a tree! 


Cute Abby and Mary Kate throw an annual Christmas Party up in Heber and it is always fun getting together with the best friends. 


Wendy, Rach, and I went to the Nutcracker! We went and ate at the Copper Onion beforehand and then loved the ballet. 

My poor mom got sick before Christmas but it was bittersweet because it gave my darling sis and I the chance to play Santa Clause and run lots of errands together. Of course we didn't get through the day without lunch and McDonalds chocolate chip cookies. (You have to ask them to warm them up for you!)
 
Dinner at the Little America with the Emery Family. It was decorated so beautiful for Christmas as always!



Ok, how great our these pictures?? Haha my darling little cousins loved playing with Fitz at our Christmas Party and he was sadly just a little too fluffy for them to hold him but of course we had to try!

 This year was quite different and I had to work Christmas Eve and Day. So... this is the only picture we got on Christmas. It helped us to appreciate love and family so much more on this day and really reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Dallas even came up to the hospital to volunteer and have lunch together.


 And, lastly poor Fitzy moping around while I packed for Mexico. I think he knew...

I hope everyone had a safe, happy holidays, and new year!  Cheers to new beginnings, my last semester of school, and a healthy new year!!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment