Cadet Kelly and New Beginnings.



So my mom, sister, and myself have been training for a 10k pretty much all summer (none of us have ever been runners). So yes we had to train. But with the end goal in sight we definitely knew we wanted to get cute matching outfits for our race! The best part right? So at Lulu Lemon we found these adorable camo running leggings that would be our 10k ensemble. So my mom, sister, Chloee (my best friend), myself, and my little brother max bunked the night before up at the Zermatt hotel in Midway because the race was the Swiss Days 10k. Waking up early and getting to the race was great, showing up and having everyone stare at us like "why are these girls taking this race so seriously?" was even better. Haha we felt like a pack of Cadet Kelly's (you know Hilary Duff's disney channel movie?) with our camo leggings. It was hilarious.

But such a success! Everyone finished the race! Max beat us all, then Rachel came in second running an 8 min mile!!! Then Chloee and myself came next I got 4th in our age group and this sweet Swiss days beer mug haha and Chlo got 5th!! Then the champion of all my darling mom finished beating her personal time goal by a landslide and placing 5th in her age division!! We were all so proud and everyone at the finish line was telling us how cute we were in our camo ;). Now on to training for a half marathon!!... haha maybe.

Oh, and those new beginnings... Dallas and I started school this week! Yay... not. But I only have two semesters left until I graduate and Dallas is right behind me. So we keep having to tell ourselves we can do this! Oh, and I chopped my hair... what do you think?! 








Hope everyone is getting excited for Fall! Happy September!

Carly

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment