what christmas means to us.

So as I started trying to decorate our house for Christmas this year I realized... IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE. So Dallas and I sat down and talked about how we should go about this, we ended up buying a small (real) tree and using some of my mom's decorations for it! I used some of our Crate and Barrel gift cards to pick up a few things including our first stockings and a table runner and voile! we considered our little home decorated. But it made us think why we even do all this stuff. Christmas to us is not about the decorations, or buying fancy things, it is about being able to spend time with the people we love and care about. And most importantly taking the time to remember our Savior and all that he did for us. This week (minus finals) really put us in the "Christmas Cheer" mood and we cannot wait for all our fun activities to come, especially spending time with those we love the most.. Our families!!!

Here is a great link my sister sent me that helped put us in the right mindset.. Enjoy! (Here)

Oh, and here is a few picks of our Christmas decorations!








Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I love your message. A good reminder as to what really matters. Your apartment looks darling. I love everything!! I am excited to spend the holidays with you both!!

    ReplyDelete